The following articles are prohibited from any area on LLNL property without prior appropriate authorization by the Security Organization:
- Dangerous Weapons (exception: Local, State and Federal Law Enforcement)
- Instruments or material likely to produce substantial injury to persons or damage to persons or property
- Mace/Pepper Spray
- Controlled Substances (e.g., illegal drugs and associated paraphernalia, but not prescription medicine)
- Other items prohibited by law
Non-U.S. Government owned computers and electronic devices are permitted in the Property Protected Areas and Limited Areas unless otherwise posted.
- Digital players (e.g., iPods, MP3)
- Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs)
- Cell phones
Personally owned electronic devices are prohibited from being connected to LLNL equipment without approval from the Computer Security Program.
Bluetooth and wireless headsets are not permitted in Limited Area buildings.
Non U.S. government owned cameras and recording devices may be brought on site but may not be used, including the function in a cell phone or other devices, without a Controlled Items Permit (CIP) issued by the LLNL Security Organization.
The following articles may be stored in personal vehicles on site but are prohibited from use.
- Unopened alcoholic beverages with intact manufacturer’s seals or caps.
- Binoculars and telescopes
For additional restrictions, refer to the LLNL Controlled Articles and Electronic Equipment Permitted Use Matrix.
Visitors may contact their host for assistance.
If there are any questions on prohibited or controlled items,
call the Security Organization, Information Security Division at (925) 422-9191.